Director, Tax Services
Founded in 1986, PrimePay is a leading national human capital management (HCM) technology and services provider to businesses ranging from 1 – 5,000 employees. PrimePay delivers highly configurable cloud-based software and services enabling clients to hire and retain great talent, manage and pay their workforce, and optimize their business in an everchanging compliance landscape.
The Director, Tax Services will provide overall leadership and management to a team of around 20 Tax Associates, oversee system controls and standards as they relate to tax to ensure timely and appropriate reporting and payments; develop and manage the departmental budget; provide oversight and coaching to all tax personnel; provide reporting and analysis to upper management; work cooperatively with other departments to ensure client needs are met; and help guide the software development team efforts for system improvements and upgrades. This job requires strong operational management skills including experience with high transactions, systems processing, firm deadlines, and process improvement. This is not a corporate tax role; it is managing a department of transactional processing associates.
The Director, Tax Services is responsible for leading PrimePay’s Payroll Tax Services Department which handles daily processing of ACH transactions; daily, weekly and quarterly processing of tax filing to state and local agencies; research and completion of client penalty notices; creation of payroll amended tax returns for clients; reconciliation of client funds with funds submitted to taxing agencies; transmission of payroll tax data and funds; and a variety of other processes to keep PrimePay’s clients compliant with their mandated payroll tax filings.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day tax function in the areas of compliance and tax processing
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation and filing of federal, state, and local taxes for clients
- Develop and implement Tax Services Department planning strategies
- Advise business and functional leaders on tax department issues
- Develop and motivate staff
- Ensure procedures and policies are in accordance with applicable law
- BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related business field from an accredited university (required)
- Experience in high transaction deadline-oriented environment essential (example: backroom banking operations, credit card transaction processing background)
- 3 - 5 years of prior payroll experience (preferred)
- CPA certification or Enrolled Agent designation a plus
- Payroll tax experience helpful
- Ability to plan, design, and implement process improvements
- Strong technology skills and experience with software conversions
- Knowledge of Payroll Tax regulations and a thorough understanding of internal control procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of all tax jurisdiction legislation including the appropriate change procedures
- Proactively interact directly with clients in a professional and pleasant manner
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to motivate and coach a team
PrimePay offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with matching, paid time off, paid holidays, flexible spending account, life insurance and STD/LTD.