Damage Field Investigator
Project Resources Group (PRG) is a rapidly growing company with Corporate Headquarters in Greenwood Village, CO, and operations in over 40 states around the country. With over two decades of experience, we have become a leader committed to supporting our customers to reach their business goals in the telecommunication, gas, and utility industries.
We are looking for an outside plant expert for our Damage Field Investigator role in the area. Is that you? This may be the perfect fit if you are self-motivated, organized, and comfortable with an On-Call schedule.
On a typical day, you will be responsible for the following tasks
- On-site investigation of underground and aerial cable plant damages
- Learning, understanding, and being able to utilize State Dig Laws and Statutes, excavator requirements, NESC standards
- Develop a professional working relationship with the client, their contractors, technicians, management team, and other personnel
- Develop a solid working relationship with the client’s locate company and exchange investigation information
- Conduct interviews on damage sites with contractors, technicians, witnesses, police, homeowners, etc.
- Professionally photograph and process the damaged scene to accurately portray and determine liability.
- Work with the client and contractors to obtain and write up job repair costs from the damage.
- Compile all investigation material and email it to the local handling office.
- Assist Claims Recovery team post-investigation
- Develop and maintain monthly market reporting and lead meetings with clients to review
- Be available at all times as necessary to field damage calls and respond across the market.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the entire PRG claims process
You should possess the following skills and abilities to be successful in this role
- Reliable and presentable personal vehicle with valid driver’s license and current insurance; min BI/PD 100/300/100
- Must possess strong customer service skills in written and verbal communications
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as an ability to navigate a variety of operational tasks on a computer
- Investigation experience
- Knowledge of the cable industry and/or utility locate industry
- Move to the front of the line if you have telephone industry experience, including equipment and job costing
- Flexible work schedule; all days of the week, day, and evenings; hours can be 24/7.
- Law enforcement and/or prior investigator a plus
- Claims background also plus
PRG offers the following perks and compensation:
- Mileage reimbursement for vehicle use
- Health benefits include medical, dental & vision for you and your dependents on the first of the month following your start date.
- Company-paid Short-term Disability benefits after one year of service.
- 401(k) Plan on the first of the month following your start date with a safe-harbor match after one year of service.
- Supplemental Life Insurance is offered for you and your dependents.
- ClassPass shared cost membership is offered to each employee.
- Paid time off, holiday pay, and a floating holiday so you can enjoy time with your friends and family.
Project Resources Group is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.