Project Resources Group (PRG) is a rapidly growing company with Corporate Headquarters in Greenwood Village, CO, and operations in over 40 states around the country. With over 2 decades of experience, we have become a leader committed to supporting our customers reach their business goals in the telecommunication, gas, and utility industries.
We have an immediate need for a talented, self-motivated, and full-time Claims Specialist for our Outside Plant Damage Recovery group.
Being a Claims Specialist has several perks including the following
- Lucrative monthly commission structure based on a tiered system. Earn up to $9K per month after 90 days.
- A collaborative team to help motivate and offer up some friendly competition to keep things fun in the office
- A strong sense of organization, exceptional communication skills, as well as a go-getter personality will be required due to the various responsibilities as outlined below:
- Recovery of repair and replacement costs on third-party CATV and Power & Gas tort damages across multiple states
- Individuals will learn, understand, and be able to utilize state dig laws and statutes, 811 excavator requirements, NESC standards, CGA guidelines, etc.
- Develop a professional working relationship with the damaging parties, on-site field investigators, management team, and other personnel
- Achieve monthly recovery targets set by the department
- Make 40-50 combined inbound/outbound calls a day for approximately two hours of phone time per day
- Learn the functionality of the company’s Claims Database Tool and enter all notes and documentation within the tool throughout the recovery process
- Use of a calendar and diary system to coordinate the handling of claims to be worked twice a week.
- Resolve and negotiate claims recovery via phone, email, and letter.
- Follow advanced claim handling procedures as detailed by the OPD Claims Manager
- Be able to support claims investigation packages with photographs, narratives, job costs, site sketches, locate tickets and other components provided to you by the field investigator and visualize and understand the damage scene to accurately defend liability
- Work directly with liable parties’ insurance providers to defend claims and negotiate settlements
- Work directly with claims departments and management of liable parties from small businesses to large corporations to municipalities
- Attend weekly department meetings to discuss individual and team recovery numbers and goals
- Maintain a working knowledge of the entire PRG claims process
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as an ability to navigate a variety of operational tasks on a computer
- Minimum 3-5 years of claims, recovery, and/or insurance industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of recovery or insurance claims negotiation and settlement process preferred
- Knowledge of construction, cable industry, and/or utility locate industry helpful
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, with a heavy focus on phone and email
- Previous experience dealing with Business-to-Business construction, claims or recovery is strongly preferred
- College experience preferred
PRG offers the following perks and compensation:
- Lucrative commission structure
- Monthly individual/team spiffs with great rewards
- Health benefits include medical, dental & vision for you and your dependents on the first of the month following your start date.
- Company-paid Short-term Disability benefits after 1 year of service.
- 401(k) Plan on the first of the month following your start date with a safe-harbor match after 1 year of service.
- Supplemental Life Insurance is offered for you and your dependents.
- ClassPass shared cost membership is offered to each employee.
- Paid time off, holiday pay, and a floating holiday so you can enjoy time with your friends and family.
Project Resources Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.