Fiber Design Coordinator
As a Multi-Dwelling Unit/Multi-Tenant Unit (MDU/MTU) Fiber Design Coordinator, you will efficiently coordinate our engineering vendors to produce high-quality, highly constructible engineering deliverables. Adaptability and the ability to thrive in ambiguity are critical to success in this role.
- Develop new initiatives proactively for network design process improvements, and work cross-functionally to decide priorities.
- Drive programs across product areas show leadership and influence across teams.
- Develop and manage the engineering design process flow to accelerate FTTP design, including highly constructible job packages through final as-built completion.
- Developing and defining efficient routes using various types of construction. (i.e., aerial, micro trenching, boring, etc.)
- Champion clear division of responsibilities with all internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a high-quality control standard for the design process, including prompt troubleshooting and creative problem-solving for any identified equipment and/or design issues.
- Manage the production of efficient designs for new development, network relocations, and network upgrades.
- Provide practical and comprehensive support of network deployment and other cross-functional teams.
- Help the team create and review Notice-to-Proceed packages (NTP), Bill of Materials (BOM), Scope of work (SOW), etc
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Three years of experience with FTTH infrastructure.
- Experience constructing new outside and inside plant (OSP/ISP) fiber infrastructure.
- Expertise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 3-GIS, and AutoCAD drafting capabilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Fiber Optic network equipment, various OSP architectures, splice operations, configuration, and overall system design.
- Knowledge of BOM creation, including material research for different markets and OSP architectures.
- Knowledge of SS creation and an ability to identify SS issues that originate in various design stages.
- Ability to create and review Fiber Construction Drawings for various architectures.
- Knowledge of ROW/easements for various municipalities and experience with local city utility permitting.
- Knowledge of SLD creation at the F1 and F2 level projects.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Google G-Suite, including drive, docs, sheets, drawing, and presentation.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel.
Intermediate working knowledge of Google Earth/Maps.
- Exemplary communication skills with excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to represent projects from business, product, and technical perspectives.
Excellent time management.
PRG offers the following perks and compensation:
- Salary Dependent upon experience
- Mileage reimbursement for vehicle use
- Health benefits include medical, dental & vision for you and your dependents on the first of the month following your start date.
- Company-paid Short-term Disability benefits after one year of service.
- 401(k) Plan on the first of the month following your start date with a safe harbor match after one year of service.
- Supplemental Life Insurance is offered for you and your dependents.
- ClassPass shared cost membership is offered to each employee.
- Paid time off, holiday pay, and a floating holiday so you can enjoy time with your friends and family.
Project Resources Group is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.