Medical Office Receptionist
Premise Health is actively seeking a Part-Time Medical Office Receptionist to work with our Employer Health Center located in Grand Island, NE!
No Nights! No Weekends!!
The Medical Office Receptionist will answering incoming calls, check patients in, check patients out, assist with scheduling and collect co-pays in our primary care clinic where the focus is quality over quantity patient care.
Schedule: Monday 8a-5p and Tuesday / Thursday 9a-6p
Full comprehensive package including medical, dental, 401k matching, etc.
Begin with 18 days of PTO and 20 days after the first year.
In addition to PTO, 9 paid holidays including Thanksgiving, the day after, Christmas eve and Christmas day
- Organizes and maintains a filing system for patient charts, including generating chart numbers, filing, and pulling charts.
- Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage slip for response by medical personnel.
- Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
- Conducts reminder calls to all patients.
- Greets and directs patients, salespeople, and visitors.
- Registers patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient's chart.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices or specialists.
- Prepares all billings in computerized system for processing by finance.
- Collects payment from patients and reconciles daily cash reports.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully, developing alternate solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; listening skills are essential while remaining open to other ideas and trying new things.
- Conducts self with professionalism and in a tactful manner, treating others with respect and consideration.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Strong customer service orientation, responding quickly and appropriately to customer needs, and managing difficult or emotional situations.
- Demonstrates ability to perform and maintain Annual Competencies.
- May require other duties as assigned.
One year certificate from college or technical school with concentration in front office support for medical settings
At least three years experience in an occupational health clinic or ambulatory care clinic or office.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of Medical Practice software a plus.
- Knowledge of medical record filing and coding systems and medical terminology preferred.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.