Jr. Penetration Tester
Welcome to the new standard of healthcare!
Premise Health is the world’s leading healthcare access provider. We deliver purpose-driven career experiences in a culture-centric work environment—ensuring that employees at the nation's best companies get, stay, and be well. In a changing healthcare environment, we know there's a better way for organizations to help their people live healthier lives by delivering the right care at the right time, right where they work. Partnered with visionary organizations around the globe, we offer a broad range of healthcare services and deliver an effortless patient experience that raises the bar, lowers costs, and redefines the meaning of quality care. By shifting the conversation from cost to return and from treatment to prevention, we are committed to help people, their families, and the organizations they work for be at their best.
We are looking for a Jr. Penetration Tester to work at our Corporate office in Brentwood, TN! If you possess a “whatever it takes attitude” keep reading.
It’s hard to pinpoint a “typical” day here (and who wants typical anyway?), but as the Junior Pentester, your primary responsibility is to support the senior engineering staff in the execution of penetration tests and vulnerability assessments for internal and external systems and applications.
What You’ll Do for Us:
- Assess web applications, medical devices, hardware devices, and third-party software for security vulnerabilities.
- Provide initial research into applications and devices prior to security testing.
- Responsible for compiling the findings of their testing into formal reports that will be provided to the system and application stakeholders.
- Interact with the stakeholders during all assessment phases to coordinate access, resolve issues during testing, and help address security concerns, working with teams to provide possible remediation options.
- Build relationships with other departments to better understand business needs.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and communicate potential blockers.
- Provide support to the senior security engineers by assisting in the management of security technologies (e.g. web proxy, IDS, EDR, WAF).
- Assist in proof-of-concept initiatives for business applications.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding potential phishing emails and general security topics.
- Maintain an understanding of new vulnerabilities and attack techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired, not required.
- OCSP, CEH, Security+, or other security related certifications is desired, not required.
- 2+ years’ experience in information technology, preference to those with development, network, or systems administration experience.
- 0+ Years of Penetration Testing Experience preferred.
- Experience with at least one automation/scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, BASH, Python).
- Experience and understanding of HIPAA, HITECH, and PCI preferred.
- Some experience with web app or systems testing is desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Familiarity with testing tools such as Burp, ZAP, OpenVAS, Wireshark, HackRF, or Metasploit.
- Ability to setup a virtual environment using VMware, Virtual Box, or similar technology.
What We’ll Do for You:
At Premise Health, you’re not an employee – you’re a team member. We have health centers, pharmacies, fitness centers and offices scattered across the country, but we’re all working together to deliver exemplary and delightful service to our clients, their employees and family members. We’re proud of the culture we’ve built, and we aim to assist our team members in living their best life – in and out of the workplace. That’s why you’ll find us taking a yoga class together or starting a book club. We know that we can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. We’re also not afraid to share what we’re up to – check out some of our smiling faces.
As an employer, we want to compensate you for the work you do with more than a paycheck (although you’ll get one of those too). Premise Health offers competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, and a company-sponsored wellness program. We are an equal opportunity employer of nice people and value inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.