Care Manager RN
We have an opening for a Part-Time Care Manager RN to work with our Employer Health Center located in Oklahoma City, OK!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
RN position that leverages powerful data insights to proactively identify and engage members who need support the most. Supports members through virtual visits and outreach, providing care, education and coordination of resources that assists members to achieve improved health. Collaborates closely with clinical teams to provide guidance on engagement strategies, focused on improving health status of the members. Manages a panel of high-risk members with chronic conditions to provide frequent touchpoints and ensure care gap closure as defined by national standards. Facilitates Care Team meetings to ensure an interdisciplinary approach to care for member panel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Care Manager RN responsibilities:
- Proactive outreach to high risk members identified through claims data
- Develop personalized treatment plans using provider care plans and member preferences
- Supports “Individual contributor to” a proactive, multidisciplinary team approach directed toward prevention, education and health promotion
- Establishes supportive relationship with members
- Assesses member’s educational/clinical/social needs, prioritizing care based on elicited information from the member, Epic, and data analysis
- Acts as resource for members
- Documents touchpoints and progress into the electronic medical record
- Collaborates with the full scope of clinical team members to arrange for further medical treatment when needed
- Provide support and tools needed to help members take control of their health
- Delivering exceptional member experiences and engaging members in their healthcare journeys
- Improving health outcomes and better management of any chronic condition
- Lowering healthcare costs while improving outcomes
- Consults with other members of the healthcare team to solve problems and seek advice
- Works closely with client’s vendors as appropriate to support member’s needs
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice
- Maintains member privacy and confidential member information
- Participates in outreach/follow-up phone calls and follow-up member visits
- Assists in the development of criteria to measure outcomes, assists in the analysis of data for quality improvement, interprets study results, identifies limitations and barriers and recommends alternatives
- Provides condition specific self-care education to client employee enrolled in the various condition management programs
- Serves as member advocate
- Acts as facilitator of Care Team meetings.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Additional skills that may be required:
- Designs interventions with the member to improve outcomes
- Coach effectively remotely using video and phone
- Collaborates with health center staff to coordinate and promote health and wellness programs
- May assist Operations in assessing and maintaining reports, evaluating clinical program(s) & conducting ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs
- Develops and presents educational services for associated persons or departments as appropriate
- Comfortable with using Excel
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice
- Current certification AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers
- Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university (preferred)
- At least three years’ experience as a Registered Nurse caring for members with any of the following conditions: Type 2 diabetes, asthma, heart disease, heart failure or hypertension.
- Experience in Condition Management, Certificate in Case Management, Care Coordination, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) a plus
- Certified in an ICF-accredited coaching program (preferred)
- Understanding of data analysis in a healthcare environment
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records (preferred)
- Multiple state licensure preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of internet software, spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.