Healthcare Without Rival
Are you an experienced Ophthalmic Tech? If so, we have an excellent opportunity to join our team as a Full-time Ophthalmic Technician at our busy site located in Greer, SC. Position hours will vary Monday - Thursday from 7a-6p and Friday's 6:45a-12 noon.
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
- Greets and assists patients in a timely and friendly manner
- Prepare patients for examination
- Take patient history and other preliminary patient data
- Perform simple non-invasive testing of visual acuity, pupils and ocular motility
- Perform automated visual field testing, ophthalmic photography, and digital imaging
- Perform tonometry, auto lensometry, and non-subjective auto refraction
- Maintain electronic medical records
- Coordinates referral appointments for patients for diagnostic testing, evaluations, and treatment based on insurance type and according to provider-stated urgency
- Documents and reports back to providers if unable to complete referral as requested
- Files reports, labs, progress notes, prescriptions, and other incoming optometric reports
- Pulls charts upon request
- Maintains appropriate quality control logs
- Responsible for accessing voice mail messages and coordinating follow-up in a timely fashion
- Ensures that all encounter forms are complete and accurate
- Forwards all necessary paperwork to appropriate sources or agencies
- Obtains prescriptions or orders from outside optometrists/ophthalmologists as necessary
- Enters information into computer in a timely manner
- Accesses faxed and mailed reports from specialists, forwards then to ordering provider for review, and ensures placement, along with other pertinent paperwork into the patient's chart, as per protocol
- May require other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- COA or COT certification preferred
- Optometric-related experience required
- Two to three years previous experience in an ophthalmology/optometry office performing initial examinations and diagnostic testing preferred
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. **Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.