We have an opening for a Per diem (As Needed) Dentist to work with our Employer Health Center located in San Antonio, TX!Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This Dentist will work As Needed in our Employer Health Center (Dental Center) in Sant Antonio, TX. The ideal candidate will have the availability to provide clinical support at least one (1) or more days each week.
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including intra and extra oral examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment while meeting the Center's minimum productivity requirements per year as set by the Center and Dental Director (prorated per FTE)
- Refer patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed dental conditions
- Train and supervise dental assistants engaged in activities and procedures, as appropriate
- Provide excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs
- Take calls after hours and on weekends on a rotation basis with other providers
- Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of dental support staff as required
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards
- Participate in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- All state licenses/certifications to practice
- Federal DEA license (matching each state of practice – except: orthodontists)
- State Narcotic/Controlled Substance license if required in your state (Alabama, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, Puerto Rico.) (New York ROPES registration)
- Degree from accredited dental school
- Specialty training verification (if applicable)
- CPR (BLS for community/lay responder or Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer - the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- Prior experience preferred.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.