Full-Time Health Fitness Specialist
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Full Time Health Fitness Specialist to join our team in Greensboro, NC.
About the role: This is a full time position at our corporate based fitness center, and the hours are Monday-Thursday from 10:30am-6:30pm and Friday from 8am-4pm. The Fitness Specialist will conduct group exercise classes, one-on-one personal training, and assist with marketing and programming. Ideally seeking specialty certification, to include Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, etc.
- Guide, motivate and provide tools to participants so they may increase physical activity and create lasting behavioral change.
- Develop one-on-one exercise prescriptions based on fitness assessment, health and fitness history and participant goals.
- Provide a memorable experience and excellent customer service to our participants and client partners.
- Assist with the creation and facilitation of fitness based incentive programs, promotional events, wellness activities and recreation offerings.
- Provide exercise leadership expertise according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines.
- Conduct member recruitment activities, assist with member enrollment and lead new member orientations.
- Perform basic fitness center administrative duties such as working with and reporting from the membership database system, monitoring member retention program, tracking equipment maintenance and repairs, etc. .
- Circulate fitness floor and engage and assist members with their exercise programs.
- Provide routine facility monitoring including equipment checks and locker room rounds to ensure member safety.
- Teach multiple group exercise classes each week.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a closely related field is required
- Personal Training certification from nationally recognized, accredited organization (e.g. ACSM, NASM, NSCA etc.) is preferred
- Current certification in CPR/AED (hands on program required) and First Aid required
- Group Exercise Primary certification from nationally recognized organization (e.g. AFFA, ACE, IDEA) is preferred
- 1+ years of experience in the fitness industry (corporate fitness preferred)
- Experience in exercise prescription and ability to perform fitness assessments including: resting and exercising blood pressure and heart rate, body composition using skin fold calipers, muscular strength and endurance testing, sub maximal cardiovascular testing.
- Corporate fitness experience highly preferred
- Specialty fitness certification, to include (but not limited to) Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, etc
- Prior teaching experience
- Virtual teaching experience highly preferred
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.