Sub Fitness Trainer
We have an opening for a Sub (PRN) Fitness Trainer to work with our Employer-Based Fitness Center located in Detroit, MI!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: We are looking to bring on several Sub Fitness Trainers at our employer-based fitness center located in Detroit. The hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm, and the Subs will pick up a few shifts per week. The role will cover now through the end of August. Responsibilities will be to cover the fitness floor, ensure the machines are clean, assist members with fitness questions and proper use of weights/machines to ensure safety. Some fitness experience/training required, must have a completed (or be willing to complete) a hands on CPR/AED and First Aid Certification. Personal Training, Bachelor’s in exercise science (or related), or a combination of both are required.
- Execute 1 on 1 or small group personal training session and program design in a safe and effective way.
- Provide exercise leadership expertise according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines (9th Edition).
- Create individualized and small group exercise programs tailored to the specific needs of the participant(s).
- Engage with fitness center members regularly to offer fitness based guidance and support when needed.
- Perform sub floor coverage or assist with specialty programs when deemed necessary by site manager.
- Provide a platinum customer experience for all fitness center members according to Premise Exercise Leadership, and Customer Service Standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Personal Training certification from nationally recognized authority organization (e.g. ACSM, NASM, NSCA etc.) or Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a combination of education and experience required.
- Current certification in CPR/AED (hands on program required) and First Aid required
- Group Fitness certification from nationally recognized authority (e.g. AFAA, ACE, IDEA) preferred.
- Minimum of two years of education in the field of exercise science or a related field and at least two years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in, and ability to perform fitness assessments including: Resting and exercise blood pressure and heart rate, Body composition using skin fold calipers, Muscular strength and endurance testing, Sub maximal cycle testing preferred.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.