Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Full-Time Athletic Trainer to join the Premise Health team to work in the Subaru of Indiana Automotive (SIA) onsite Occupational Health clinic, in Lafayette, IN.
Schedule: 4:30PM - 1:00AM, 5 days per week
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Certified Athletic Trainer will be responsible for the daily development and implementation of Premise Health’s injury prevention programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide basic first aid and orthopedic injury screening, covering such areas as (but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of motion, manual muscle strength, reflex testing, myotomes, dermatomes, and special tests.
- Demonstrate objective rationale for appropriate referrals to on-site medical providers.
- Provide daily client follow-up and make recommendations for work performance based on knowledge in anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and ergonomic principles.
- Lead large group training sessions focusing on functional movement patterns, specific job simulations, and educational programs for occupational health/ safety.
- Counsel and observe clients related to appropriate symptom management techniques for minor musculoskeletal discomfort and/ or provide recommended guidelines for correcting limitations in flexibility, strength, and general conditioning to prevent injury or long-term disability.
- Perform job analysis establishing and reviewing specific objective findings of push/ pull/ lift forces and repetitive body posturing requirements.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with Occupational Health Services Team and Safety personnel regarding workplace countermeasures and injury prevention activities.
- Attend meetings and serve on task forces as requested.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university.
- Licensed as a Certified Athletic Trainer
- Current hands on certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Certifications in Health/ Fitness Industry (i.e. NSCA, NASM, ACSM, etc…) preferred.
- Experience in Occupational Health and Safety; Knowledge of current OSHA regulations preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of business practices and culture
- Ability to critically think and prioritize job tasks
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to build relationships
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to multitask
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.