Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
We are actively seeking a Full Time Physical Therapy Assistant to work at our employer health center located at the Newark Airport in Newark, NJ!
- Work alongside and under the direction of our Physical Therapist administering physical therapy treatments to patients.
- Quality over quantity mindset!
- Schedule: Monday-Friday - No Nights!! No Weekends!!
- Full comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, 401k matching, etc.
- Begin with 18 days of PTO and 20 days after the first year.
- 9 paid holidays including Thanksgiving, the day after, Christmas eve and Christmas day.
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, and hot and cold packs.
- Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as perambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities.
- Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and reports orally or in writing to Physical Therapist.
- Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confers with members of physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- Performs clerical duties such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms.
- Measures patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist Physical Therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree from an approved/accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program.
- Certified or Licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant if applicable in practicing State.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- At least two years’ experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant in an outpatient orthopedic, occupational health, or other ambulatory care clinic.
- Experience in an occupational health clinic preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and/or an EMR.
- Knowledge about workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.