Registered Dental Assistant PRN
We have an opening for a PRN Certified/Registered Dental Assistant to work at our employer health center located in San Antonio, TX!
Must be a registered or certified Dental Assistant
Experience with Eagle Soft and Dentrix a plus!
Experience with Cerec a plus!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: PRN will be needed 2 -3 days per week.
- MWF 8am -6pm, T, TH 7am -6pm, Sat 8am -12pm.
- Provides chair side assistance to dental providers in the performance of dental procedures, to include operative, preventive, periodontal, endodontic, prosthetic, and all other dental procedures as needed
- Prepares, sterilizes, organizes, and sets-up dental equipment to ensure that all dental sterilization guidelines are followed according to dental guidelines
- Monitors and maintains dental inventory, supplies and equipment i.e. compressor, evacuator system, sterilizers, and light curing units etc. in accordance with manufacture guidelines
- Takes dental radiographs in accordance with provider orders; assists in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols
- Develops and participates in all performance improvement activity relating to dental practice and ensures the dental component is in compliance with all regulations and standards
- Provides excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs
- Patient management during dental procedures to include: instrument transfer, isolation, oral evacuation, retraction, and preparation of dental instruments and materials to include mixing filling and impression materials, charting examination and treatment results on patients’ dental records
- Maintain daily log-books on daily maintenance procedures
- Maintain dental laboratory slips creating dental records of incoming and out going dental cases. Maintain proper maintenance of dental charts and dental forms
- Provide patients with written and oral post-operative instructions for dental procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Documentation of state/national license/registration (ie: Dental Assisting National Board – Certified Dental Assistant - DANB CDA) to include copy of actual license, verification of license, or email including license number as applicable
- Copy of Radiation Safety/X-ray Certificate or equivalent if not DANB CDA as required by state dental board
- CPR (BLS for community/lay responder or Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer- the copy must include the front and back of card. Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate
- Minimum of 1 year of experience or be a graduate from an accredited Dental Assistant Program.
- Previous experience with Eaglesoft and digital imaging preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in packing cord, making temporaries, alginate impressions, endodontics and oral surgery required
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records (Eaglesoft, Dentrix, Nextgen).
- Knowledge of AAAHC Dental home a plus.
- Strong computer skills (Internet software, spreadsheet, word processing, etc.)