Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Part Time Licensed Acupuncturist to join our team in Oakland, CA.
M-F 20 hours per week
About the role:
Provides acupuncture to client team members.
- Administers specific therapeutic treatment of symptoms and disorders amenable to acupuncture procedures Reviews patient's medical history, physical findings, and diagnosis to ascertain symptoms or disorder to be treated.
- Employs Traditional Acupuncture needling techniques (using “Clean Needle Technique”) Selects needles of various lengths, according to location of insertion Inserts needles at locations of body known to be efficacious to certain disorders, utilizing knowledge of acupuncture points and their functions.
- Leaves needles in patient for specific length of time, according to symptom or disorder treated, and removes needles.
- Employs additional techniques as appropriate according to indication, expertise and training including, Moxibustion, Electroacupuncture, Acupressure and QiGong (oriental breathing techniques) Consults with and refers patients to appropriate health practitioners when necessary.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a 3 year post-graduate acupuncture program & a master’s degree (C.A.) required.
- Current hands on certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers.
- ACAOM certification preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. **Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
*As permitted by applicable law.