Medical Office Receptionist
We have an opening for a Medical Office Receptionist to work with our Employer Health Center located in Malvern, PA!
This is a PRN (As Needed) role with 20/hrs per week available for the foreseeable future.
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This role will check patients in and out during COVID-19 testing events, and will provider coverage at the front desk of our employer health center. The hours will be 20hrs/week Mon-Thur.
- Organizes and maintains a filing system for patient charts, including generating chart numbers, filing, and pulling charts.
- Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage slip for response by medical personnel.
- Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
- Conducts reminder calls to all patients.
- Greets and directs patients, salespeople, and visitors.
- Registers patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient's chart.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices or specialists.
- Prepares all billings in computerized system for processing by finance.
- Collects payment from patients and reconciles daily cash reports.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully, developing alternate solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; listening skills are essential while remaining open to other ideas and trying new things.
- Conducts self with professionalism and in a tactful manner, treating others with respect and consideration.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Strong customer service orientation, responding quickly and appropriately to customer needs, and managing difficult or emotional situations.
- Demonstrates ability to perform and maintain Annual Competencies.
- May require other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- One year certificate from college or technical school with concentration in front office support for medical settings
- At least three years experience in an occupational health clinic or ambulatory care clinic or office.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.