Healthcare Without Rival
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Full-time Optician to join our team in Greer, SC.
Provide coverage during clinic hours.
Monday – Friday 7:00a – 7:00p
Premise Health offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical, Dental, Vision, Virtual Care, 401K, generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, CME Reimbursement, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
- Greets and assists patients in a timely and friendly manner
- Verifies vision benefits and relays any pertinent insurance benefit information prior to material purchases
- Answers phones and directs calls appropriately
- Accesses data base to schedule, confirm and update appointments as necessary
- Answers patient questions regarding their account, obtains assistance if necessary
- Verifies eligibility for all "walk-in" and same-day patients as necessary
- Safely operates optical machinery
- Assists patient with materials purchases
- Orders and dispenses materials according to vision center policies and procedures
- Repairs spectacles as brought in by patients
- Handles patient complaints/issues regarding materials according to policies, obtains assistance if necessary
- Checks out patients and documents material sales and/or payment collection from patient on encounter forms
- Obtains and documents vision insurance benefit authorizations for exams and materials
- Coordinate referral appointments for patients for diagnostic testing, evaluations, and treatment based on insurance type and according to provider-stated urgency
- Documents and reports back to providers if unable to complete referral as requested
- Maintains daily log and balances deposit daily on cash log in the dispensary
- Maintain medical record system for the vision center
- File reports, labs, progress notes, prescriptions, and other incoming optometric reports
- Pull charts upon request
- Maintains appropriate quality control logs
- Responsible for accessing voice mail messages and coordinating follow-up in a timely fashion
- Ensures that all encounter forms are complete and accurate
- Forwards all necessary paperwork to appropriate sources or agencies
- Obtain prescriptions or orders from outside optometrists/ophthalmologists as necessary
- Enter information into computer in a timely manner
- Accesses faxed and mailed reports from specialists, forwards then to ordering provider for review, and ensures placement, along with other pertinent paperwork into the patient's chart, as per protocol
- May require other duties as assigned
- Licensed in state of practice
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years optometric dispensary experience with a multi-line telephone system preferred
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.