Payroll Practitioner I
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Payroll Practitioner I to join our team in Brentwood, TN.
About the role: The Payroll Practitioner Level I will perform tasks that maintain employee payroll records. Duties include accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, maintaining time and attendance records, and participate in data entry bi-weekly payroll processing. This position requires high customer service skills, and ability to function in high paced environment, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Respond to all emails and phone calls within 48 hours
- Process and reconcile large quantities of data utilizing in house reporting and Microsoft Excel
- Conduct research and resolve for employee queries, escalating to Payroll Practitioner Level II and III as needed.
- Process and validate all payroll maintenance and ensure processing on next check
- Understand proper taxation of earnings and deductions
- Enter and validate any payroll entries outside of time clock import (such as pay data entry) during payroll process
- Ensure all data for pay cycle is valid, and entered correctly, and all deductions are calculated correctly and accurately
- Validate and approve all workflows in Ultipro are accurately updated and followed up on if necessary
- Process manual check payments/Quick Pay ACH
- Initiate stop payments and direct deposit reversals
- Other duties as deemed required
- High School Diploma/GED.
- FPC/CPP preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience processing multi-state payroll preferred, but not required
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Computer and software proficiency
- Excel knowledge a must (Vlookup, pivot tables, sorting and filtering large quantities of data)
- Working knowledge of Kronos, Ultipro, Great Plains and Cognos preferred, but not required
- Basic understanding of multi-state payroll processing
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to deal with sensitive and confidential materials
- Strong communication (verbal/ written) skills, with ability to communicate with various level of organization.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.