Senior Cloud Services Engineer-Remote
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Senior Cloud Services Engineer to join our team remotely.
About the role: The Senior Cloud Services Engineer is highly skilled with expert knowledge in all aspects of the cloud services environment, specifically AWS and Azure. As a team member, will work collaboratively to design, support and improve cloud service with focus on the design and integration of various systems, application servers, databases, and third-party services. Create, maintain, and manage the required environments (Sandbox, Dev, QA, Prod) to ensure seamless cloud services development, integration, and delivery. The Senior Cloud Services Engineer will work closely with other members of IT to support the overall mission of the company.
- Provide leadership and oversight with strong understanding of cloud services, DevOps/ DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including compute, storage, networking, Security, Kubernetes, service mesh, serverless, CI/CD as well as monitoring and logging technologies.
- Drive automation of cloud infrastructure provisioning, configuration management, self-service, Infrastructure-as-Code services, auto-scaling, DevOps deployment, and others.
- Develop and document operational standards that promote DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Provide expertise and serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for cloud services.
- Work with application teams with their digital transformation goals and provide cloud resource deployment orchestration, automation, security, and configuration expertise.
- Implement and institutionalize cloud security standards, reference architecture’s, patterns, and guidelines for cloud services.
- Participate in continuous improvement planning for cloud operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis, and cloud portfolio review to ensure adequate infrastructure to provide a suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications.
- Work alongside architects, developers, and engineering team members to provide infrastructure solutions for products and services.
- Establish and maintain working relationships across disciplines within the organization.
- Participate in system design planning, review, and implementation to create enterprise solutions built on cloud services.
- Provide general and routine maintenance support including installation, patching, configuration, backups, and updates
- Recommend modifications to systems to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance for delivering application and infrastructure in the cloud
- Responsible for participating in IT change management and asset management processes
- Work with the IT Security Team, Cloud Services Architect, and the rest of IT concerning any security-related issues.
- Contribute to research and evaluation and build out of new enterprise technologies.
- Provides expert guidance and leadership to less-experienced cloud services personnel.
- May serve as a task or project leader. May consult with executives and customers to deliver complex cloud-based solutions.
- Stay up to date with technology. Adapt and quickly advance your technical skill sets.
- Requires occasional work during non-business hours and on weekends.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Public cloud certifications preferred, not required.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in overall IT, with at least five in public cloud management for large organizations.
- Detail understanding of AWS and Azure cloud service offerings.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments.
- Experience developing engineering diagrams, strategies, and roadmaps
- Experience presenting to senior-level technical executives and technical audiences
- Healthcare industry work experience is preferred, but not required
- Detailed understanding of public cloud engineering principles and strategies, as well as design, implementation, and operational support.
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (compute, storage, network, security, data, and applications) to deliver end-to-end cloud designs and implementations.
- Detailed understanding of either Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Experience securely connecting public cloud resources with on-premises resources.
- Proven ability to develop cloud operating frameworks and documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational, and technical skills
- Understanding of emerging technology trends/disruptions and their practical application to new and existing technologies.
- Excellent understanding of application support and development methodologies, infrastructure, and network.
- Good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing guidance on opportunities, impact, and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
For individuals living in Colorado and New York City only, Premise Health is required to include an estimate of the salary and benefits for this role. While a number of factors influence salary, our estimated Colorado and New York City compensation is $106,000 - $150,000. Please note, this is a general guideline and your experience qualifications, geographic location, and other factors will be taken into consideration.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.