Medical Assistant (MA)
We have an opening for a Full-time Medical Assistant to work with our Employer Health Center located in Marietta, GA.
CareHere, A Premise Health Company is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: Full time, no after hours, no insurance billing! Health Benefits + 401k + PTO and more! Monday 8:00am-5:00pm, Tuesday 7:00am-1:00pm, Wednesday 8:00am-2:00pm, Thursday 8:00am-2:00pm, Friday 8:00am-1:00pm and Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm.
- Greet patients upon entry to health center and respond to patient calls.
- Schedule appointments for patients as needed and assist patients with electronic access.
- Provide intake including blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, waist circumference measurement, height, weight, chief complaint, medication reconciliation and health history.
- Prepare patients for exam with provider.
- Document data collection in the Electronic Health Record.
- Assist the provider and/or other nursing staff with procedures. Works under the supervision of the provider if no licensed nurse is present. Administer medications as ordered by provider.
- Keep environment clean and disinfected after each patient use.
- Collect and handle laboratory specimens.
- Assist in maintaining medical inventory and supplies.
- Perform EKG's and other in office patient testing as identified.
- Reinforce patient education as directed by provider or RN.
- Coordinate and track referrals.
- Assist with audits and regulatory functions.
- Provide support for offsite clinics as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Passion for providing excellent patient care in a collaborative environment
- Diploma and/or certification in medical assisting
- Two (2) or more years of recent outpatient experience
- BLS or CPR certification
- Skilled in phlebotomy
- Computer skills including electronic medical records
*As permitted by applicable law.