Full-Time Fitness Specialist
We have an opening for a Full-Time Health Fitness Specialist to work with our Employer-Based Fitness Center located in Ridgefield, CT!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This Full-Time role will support our employer-based fitness center located in Ridgefield. The facility is open Monday-Friday from 6am-7pm, and this Fitness Specialist will cover either the early shift or later shift depending on the day of the week (schedule to be discussed further). Wellness programming experience is helpful. Seeking a solid group fitness and personal training background, and excellent communication skills.
- Guide, motivate and provide tools to participants so they may increase physical activity and create lasting behavioral change.
- Develop one-on-one exercise prescriptions based on fitness assessment, health and fitness history and participant goals.
- Provide a memorable experience and excellent customer service to our participants and client partners.
- Assist with the creation and facilitation of fitness based incentive programs, promotional events, wellness activities and recreation offerings.
- Provide exercise leadership expertise according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines.
- Conduct member recruitment activities, assist with member enrollment and lead new member orientations.
- Perform basic fitness center administrative duties such as working with and reporting from the membership database system, monitoring member retention program, tracking equipment maintenance and repairs, etc. .
- Circulate fitness floor and engage and assist members with their exercise programs.
- Provide routine facility monitoring including equipment checks and locker room rounds to ensure member safety.
- Teach multiple group exercise classes each week.
- May require other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a closely related field is required
- Personal Training certification from nationally recognized, accredited organization (e.g. ACSM, NASM, NSCA etc.) is preferred
- Current certification in CPR/AED (hands on program required) and First Aid required
- Group Exercise Primary certification from nationally recognized organization (e.g. AFFA, ACE, IDEA) is preferred
- 1+ years of experience in the fitness industry (corporate fitness preferred)
- Experience in exercise prescription and ability to perform fitness assessments including: resting and exercising blood pressure and heart rate, body composition using skin fold calipers, muscular strength and endurance testing, sub maximal cardiovascular testing.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.