Senior Cloud Security Engineer-Remote
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Senior Cloud Security Engineer to join our team remotely.
About the role: The Senior Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for development, management, and support of the organization’s public cloud information security strategy. This role will collaborate closely with infrastructure, application, and other teams to achieve organizational goals in the public cloud, while promoting and maintaining strong adherence to and enforcement of security policies and best practices.
- Design, manage, support, and implement cloud security policies, services, and projects.
- Provide architectural security guidance in compliance with industry standards (PCI-DSS, NIST, CIS) for public cloud environments.
- Review and provide security-significant feedback on designs and proposed changes submitted by others within the organization.
- Frequently communicate and present technical data to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Frequently communicate with and present to upper management.
- Manage cloud firewall, and vulnerability scanner technology.
- Support service desk in resolving cloud-security related issues.
- Research new technology and assist in proof-of-concept testing.
- Document security standards and processes.
- Work with other teams to remediate vulnerabilities and other security issues.
- Contribute to design decisions for new technology or existing technology being used in a new way.
- Coordinate finding remediations of known vulnerabilities within the organization’s cloud presence.
- Assist in the education of the workforce on security topics through training and awareness opportunities.
- Provide less experienced security engineers with feedback and guidance on projects and career development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- CCSP, CISSP, GCSA, OCSP, CEH, Security+, or other security related certifications preferred.
- 3+ years of experience managing information security in a public cloud environment (Azure, AWS, GCP). Azure preferred.
- 4+ years of experiences in information security
- 8+ years of experience in IT (information technology), preferentially with development, network, or systems administration experience.
- Experiencing administering at least one networking or server technology.
- Experience and understanding of HIPAA, HITECH, and PCI preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of public cloud platforms and security concepts
- Clear and skillful written and verbal communication, with the ability to tailor messaging for differing audiences.
- General knowledge and understanding of networking and server concepts and ideas.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems.
- Deep comprehension of troubleshooting tools and how to use them for problem resolution.
- Proficient with email firewall, web filtering, endpoint detection and response; and vulnerability scanner technology.
- Desire to learn new and legacy technology.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
For individuals living in Colorado and New York City only, Premise Health is required to include an estimate of the salary and benefits for this role. While a number of factors influence salary, our estimated Colorado and New York City compensation is $110,000 - $140,000. Please note, this is a general guideline and your experience qualifications, geographic location, and other factors will be taken into consideration.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.