Dental Hygienist - Onsite Employer Health Clinic
We have an opening for a PRN Dental Hygienist to work at Premise Health's employee health center located at the Premier Auto Manufacturer in the Upstate Area (Greer, SC)!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: The PRN Dental Hygienist will fill in as-needed in the Dental department at our employer health clinic located in Greer. Seeking candidates with previous experience using Dentrix, and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Assess patient needs, and plan and deliver direct dental care and associated services to patients. Utilize established dental hygiene protocols and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Deliver direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygienist procedures.
- Perform routine treatment procedures, such as cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants and fluorides, and related procedures.
- Perform required clinical procedures following established protocols for prevention of transmission of infectious diseases.
- Maintain equipment and supplies, keep recall lists appropriate to the need of the individual patient, and work with the Registrars to schedule patients according to these needs.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patient, use patient screening procedures, to include medical history review, dental charting, and perio charting.
- Develop and implement individualized dental care plans for patients.
- Maintain patients’ dental records, documents dental history or chief complaint.
- Record and report pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate.
- Document lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
- Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Perform patient triage and initiate patient care as appropriate for walk-in patients.
- May require other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited program of Dental Hygiene in accordance with Dental State Board guidelines
- State Dental Hygiene License
- Current hands on certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required; Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- At least one-year experience preferred.
- Knowledge of dental equipment and techniques required.
- Knowledge of current regulations on practices for prevention of transmission of infectious diseases.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.