Medical Assistant (MA)
We have an opening for a Float PRN Medical Assistant (MA) to work with our Health Clinics located in the San Francisco Bay Area!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This PRN position will be responsible for covering vacation/sick/LOA time for several clinics within the Bay Area. There will be about 4 months of coverage throughout the year needed.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to patients
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms, and provides assistance at front desk
- Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records
- May require other duties as assigned
- Administers medications and medical treatments competently as directed by a Physician or Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software).
- Identifies equipment that needs repair and brings it to the attention of the lead clinician.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment. Follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information.
- Participates in follow up phone calls and follow up patient visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited Medical Assistant training program with externship completed and passed OR National Certification in Medical Assisting from American Association of Medical Assistants, American Medical Technologists, National Center for Competency Testing, American Registry of Medical Assistants or National Health Career Association
- Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Previous Medical Assistant experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Strong phlebotomy/venipuncture skills
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.