Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a full-time Nurse Practitioner to join our team in Portland, OR.
Excellent schedule! Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm, no weekends, no nights, no call!
- Evaluates and treats acute injuries and illnesses in an efficient and professional manner within scope of practice at a single provider clinic
- Manages flexible schedule
- Documents accurately all elements of assessment, treatments, medications administered, discharge instructions provided, and follow up care arranged
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice
- Conducts appropriate CLIA laboratory tests and quality control procedures
- Participates in follow up phone calls and follow up patient visits
- Incorporates patient education into visits
- Engage in opportunities to promote wellness that may include workshops, seminars and health fairs
- Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information
- Maintains medical records
- Oversees the management of an employee health center in a corporate setting
- Balance management of patient care and administrative duties
- Manages daily operational processes for the site
- Compiles input for the performance appraisal process for (all staff members, per diem employees)
- Provides input regarding health center activities to the Director of Client Operations.
- Responsible for interviewing, training and ensuring the successful orientation and onboarding of new colleagues
- Manages daily operations, workflow, work schedules, timecard monitoring etc. to ensure efficient and effective Health Center performance
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and presents resolutions and recommendations to the Director of Client Operations
- Understands and complies with all regulatory, procedural, policy and licensing requirements
- Completes incident reports as needed and provides assistance to the Medical Care and Outcomes dept. regarding investigations and the resolution of complaints
- Communicates and coordinates corporate messages and ensures implementation of policies and procedures are followed
- Coaches and provides feedback to staff on a regular basis
- Manages internal budget, reviews expenses, purchases supplies, inventories equipment, medication etc. where appropriate
- Assists in the identification and scheduling of local per diems
- Works collaboratively with the regional Medical Leader to assist with management of any internal site issues
- Communicates regularly with staff, conducts meetings and keeps staff informed.
- Acts as health center’s infection control lead and collaborates with the corporate Director of Quality and Infection Control Officer.
- May interact with client representatives as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Current license as an NP or PA in practicing state
- DEA license
- Current hands-on certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers
- 3+ years’ experience in the medical field preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Experience accessing CDC, WHO, APIC or other industry standards for Infection Prevention practices.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.