Health Center Manager RN
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Full Time Health Center Manager RN to join our team in Barberton, OH.
This Registered Nurse will work Full-time in our Employer Wellness Center.
Typical hours are Monday-Friday 6:00a-2:00p but we can be flexible.
No Nights, No Weekends, No Holiday shifts, No On-call! Excellent work-life balance!
- Oversees the overall management of a small health center
- Works collaboratively with the Medical Leader at the site to manage internal site issues
- Provides a moderate amount of time (about 50%) dedicated to patient care
- Monitors all daily operational processes
- Manages per diem staff typically composed of RNs; Responsible for following appropriate processes for staff management including talent acquisition, staff development and performance management of per diem team members. Provides input to Director, Client Operations for the final staffing decisions
- Responsible for interviewing, training and ensuring the successful orientation and onboarding of new per diem staff members
- Manages daily operations, workflow, work schedules, timecard monitoring etc. to ensure efficient and effective Health Center performance
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and presents resolutions and recommendations to the Director, Client Operations
- Makes recommendation regarding staffing model based on objective scheduling & volume analysis – presents to Director, Client Operations for approval
- Understands and complies with all regulatory, procedural, policy and licensing requirements
- Completes incident reports as needed and provides assistance to the Medical Care and Outcomes dept. regarding investigations and the resolution of complaints
- Communicates and coordinates corporate messages to per diem team members and ensures implementation of policies and procedures are followed
- Coaches and provides feedback to per diem team members on a regular basis
- Manages internal budget, reviews expenses, purchases supplies, inventories equipment, medication etc. where appropriate
- Assists in the identification and scheduling of local per diems
- Communicates regularly with per diem team members, conducts meetings and keeps staff informed.
- Acts as health center’s infection control lead and collaborates with the corporate Director of Quality and Infection Control Officer.
- May interact with client representatives as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Current license as an RN or NP/PA in practicing state
- Certification in Occupational Health (COHN/COHN-S) preferred but not required
- Current hands on certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in the medical field
- 2 – 3 years’ management experience preferred but not required
- Experience accessing CDC, WHO, APIC or other industry standards for Infection Prevention practices.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.