We have an opening for a PRN Optometric Technician to work at our employer health center located in Greer, SC!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greets and assists patients in a timely and friendly manner
- Verifies vision benefits and relays any pertinent insurance benefit information prior to material purchases
- Answers phones and directs calls appropriately Accesses data base to schedule, confirm and update appointments as necessary
- Answers patient questions regarding their account, obtains assistance if necessary
- Verifies eligibility for all "walk-in" and same-day patients as necessary
- Safely operates optical machinery
- Assists patient with materials purchases
- Orders and dispenses materials according to vision center policies and procedures
- Repairs spectacles as brought in by patients
- Handles patient complaints/issues regarding materials according to policies, obtains assistance if necessary
- Checks out patients and documents material sales and/or payment collection from patient on encounter forms
- Obtains and documents vision insurance benefit authorizations for exams and materials
- Coordinate referral appointments for patients for diagnostic testing, evaluations, and treatment based on insurance type and according to provider-stated urgency
- Documents and reports back to providers if unable to complete referral as requested
- Maintains daily log and balances deposit daily on cash log in the dispensary
- Maintain medical record system for the vision center
- File reports, labs, progress notes, prescriptions, and other incoming optometric reports
- Pull charts upon request
- Maintains appropriate quality control logs
- Responsible for accessing voice mail messages and coordinating follow-up in a timely fashion
- Ensures that all encounter forms are complete and accurate
- Forwards all necessary paperwork to appropriate sources or agencies
- Obtain prescriptions or orders from outside optometrists/ophthalmologists as necessary
- Enter information into computer in a timely manner
- Accesses faxed and mailed reports from specialists, forwards then to ordering provider for review, and ensures placement, along with other pertinent paperwork into the patient's chart, as per protocol
- May require other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent• An advanced degree preferred• ABO certification preferred
- Two to three years optometric dispensary experience with a multi-line telephone system preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Acuity Logic and/or Epic preferred.
- Must be accurate and very detail-oriented, and be able to multi-task efficiently.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.