Member Engagement Marketing Director
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Marketing Strategy and Operations Director to join our team remotely.
About the role: Instrumental in building and leading the strategy and team to look at a complete member engagement journey from client implementation and eligibility through to member awareness, consideration, selection, engagement, loyalty and advocacy. Responsible for designing and developing effective, data-driven marketing campaigns that fit within a complex B2B2C marketing environment and guide members through the journey across multiple marketing channels and mediums. Works with Digital and Creative to deliver high-quality, cost-effective Member Engagement marketing campaigns that deliver meaningful utilization of Premise Health products and services. Develops, implements, and monitors company-wide strategies to ensure optimal utilization of member health & wellness centers, pharmacies, and fitness centers to ensure member utilization, growth and ROI. Works in collaboration with operations and clients to ensure projected penetration rates are met and exceeded by establishing an implementation and ongoing marketing. Works to increase effectiveness and efficiency of member engagement marketing through improved deployment of resources, workflow management and optimization, process improvement, digital asset management, administration and development of project management tools, and budget operations. Manages a team to execute member engagement strategies.
- Understand the business goals, evaluate consumer-focused opportunities that can support the business in effectively achieving those goals
- Work with ME leaders to design and execute a member strategy that supports the company strategy
- Develop and communicate member initiatives outwardly to the team that supports PH mission – generating buy-in for the strategy
- Ensure that metrics are used to inform member and company strategy
- Hold a crisp understanding of the consumer experience & Premise Health competitors’ offerings, and ensure that Premise Health’s member experience ladders up to the consumer’s needs
- Conduct ongoing member research to evaluate member needs, and create an evolving and current picture of member desires and expectations
- Perform market & competitive research to understand market trends that could impact the evolution of the member experience
- Find creative ways to harness more member insights and efficiently get Premise Health closer to its members
- Ensure the entire company can “hold our member” in their minds through effective education on both digital strategy and the member
- Work closely with all functions of the Member Engagement team to provide full-service support to internal and external clients
- Provide strategic direction and project management for key initiatives and essential day-to-day operations
- Create workflow efficiencies, develop briefing guidelines and approval processes, develop campaign success metrics, etc.
- Lead the team that defines and drives the creation of effective data-driven marketing strategies and campaigns to promote member awareness, consideration, selection, engagement, loyalty, and advocacy.
- Lead the team that nurtures new enterprise clients through implementation by setting a foundation of a strong Member Engagement marketing plan.
- Direct member engagement training efforts in collaboration with the team.
- Play a critical player-coach role and work with team to create the foundation for success by helping to define segments, advance the practice of using data and insights to develop effective campaigns, mature the briefing process, etc.
- Provide guidance, feedback, and mentorship to team on high quality brief creation and on providing clear, creative and critical feedback to creative output from in-house or external agencies.
- Identify and raise skill gaps in the member engagement marketing team and help develop solutions to address them including mentoring, training, hiring, etc.
- Accountable for quality of briefs and final marketing campaigns approval to achieve business objectives and KPI’s.
- Collaborate with product owners and operations on the development of member-centric marketing initiatives, campaigns and strategies, and build advocacy for continuing to evolve and innovate the approach to member engagement marketing.
- Launch processes and experiences to drive the member strategy
- Partner with digital marketing to launch new membership experiences, drive member utilization and build brand with our members
- Work within the brand and design principles to deliver launch requirements to internal stakeholders, and partner with them to ensure strategy effectively “hits the mark” on the member positioning and message
- Create business requirements for member strategy initiatives with the end user (member) in mind
- Ensure teams are appropriately educated on the consumer and market landscape for each initiative
- In tandem with the clinical, operations, and product teams, design the digital processes for consumer development at Premise Health
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Technology or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years in marketing (ideally with a blend of B2C and B2B or B2B2C), marketing technology and/or marketing strategy, developing and implementing strategic initiatives, managing marketing program budgets, project management and direct staff management with a blend of agency and in-house marketing experience
- Experience with email automation/CRM software (specifically Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, and various digital and content marketing platforms)
- Marketing experience with a wide variety of channels is a must including content marketing, SEO, email, text, social, webinars, etc.
- Experience with workflow and digital asset management tools (e.g. Wrike)
- Proven experience designing, implementing, and executing projects which involve numerous visual elements, stages and stakeholders
- Experienced change agent who can motivate teams to achieve alignment to a shared vision
- Enthusiastic about building, transforming and continuing to innovate member engagement marketing strategy inside a large well-established business
- Passionate about developing and building an innovative member-centric marketing strategy team
- Compelling and effective communication skills, persuasive storyteller and a big-picture thinker: strategic, critical and creative
- Self-starting team player with a can-do attitude who demonstrates initiative, thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and strong knowledge and experience with leveraging social media and analytic tools, including Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Exceptional project management skills and experience with the ability to manage multiple, large-scale projects and deadlines using data to inform decisions
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
For individuals living in Colorado and New York City only, Premise Health is required to include an estimate of the salary and benefits for this role. While a number of factors influence salary, our estimated Colorado and New York City compensation is $160,000 - $178,000 with eligible bonus opportunity. Please note, this is a general guideline and your experience qualifications, geographic location, and other factors will be taken into consideration.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.