eHealth Registered Nurse (RN)
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise Health, is proud to partner with LP® Building Solutions, and is seeking a Full-Time eHealth Registered Nurse (RN) to work at a new Health and Wellness Center located in Jasper, TX!
Summary: The eHealth Registered Nurse - RN provides direct patient care in a primary care setting, facilitates virtual acute & primary care visits at the onsite health center with a remote physician, and provides chronic condition management and health coaching to patients at the health center. The eHealth Nurse - RN works autonomously with patients in a health center with support from physicians, managers and other nurses via phone and video. This position requires a self-starter who can be reliable and accountable for the preventive health of an employer group population.
Schedule: 30 hours per week - Monday -Friday, No on-call!, No nights! and No weekends!
- Greets patients upon entry to health center, responds to patient calls, and proactively engages with employees in their respective work environments (e.g. plant floor, office, breakroom).
- Schedules appointments for patients as needed and assists patients with electronic access.
- Prepares patients for exam with provider and assists with utilizing the virtual health technology to gather data and facilitate a remote visit with the provider.
- Documents data collection in the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Provides independent care such as blood draw or administering medications under the guidance of standing delegated orders from provider; assesses and provides patient education as needed.
- Keeps environment clean and disinfected after each patient use.
- Collects and handles laboratory specimens in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintains medical inventory and supplies.
- Performs EKG's and other in-office diagnostic testing as identified.
- Coordinates and tracks referrals to specialty services.
- Care Coordination
- Develops an understanding of the employer population, work environment, and the client wellness program to properly support an on-site health clinic & understands the important issues to the client and employees/patients.
- Utilizes population health management tracking tools and monitors select patients at high risk for complications related to gaps in care for chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia.
- Reaches out to patients via phone and/or email when appropriate to close gaps in care.
- Documents patient encounters in the EMR and/or case management/disease management (CMDM) system to alert provider of identified gaps in chronic disease management and preventative health maintenance.
- Establishes an on-going relationship with client staff and educates on best practices, client incentives and disease management processes.
- Assesses need for internal referrals to both wellness coaching and clinic services (e.g. time for annual HRA or follow up on lab results); Makes appropriate referral and follows up with patient on progress, barriers and goal completion.
- Meets regularly with the multidisciplinary team and provides regular reports to the provider, director of clinical services, care management coordinator, and the director of health initiatives on data tracked in the disease management and preventative care programs.
- Reviews annual health assessment (AHA), lab results, electronic medical record (EMR), and provider plan of care to assess the level of risk prior to discussing with patient.
- Establishes contact with each patient referral, assesses readiness to change and pursues long-term relationship with patient.
- Establishes an on-going relationship to support patient plan of care.
- Sets goals and action steps according to patient's willingness for change.
- Communicates any pertinent information with clinic provider and asks for provider to provide any necessary guidance regarding patient plan of care.
- Assesses need for referrals to in-house coaches, other health coaches, and ancillary community service; Makes appropriate referral and follows up on patient compliance.
- Manages development and implementation of specialized programs based on client-specific needs.
- Identifies areas for development of standardized protocols and works with assigned team to develop and implement new evidenced based programs.
- Documents patient encounters in the EMR and maintains patient communication per established protocol.
- Delivers monthly educational webinars for patients.
- Registered nurse (RN) with current compact licensure
- At least two (2) years of ambulatory experience in a primary care or doctor's office
- Current BLS or ACLS CPR certification
- Skilled in phlebotomy
- Basic knowledge of CPT & ICD-10 coding procedures
- Ability to work independently without onsite supervision and provide proactive health care
- Comfortable with the use and troubleshooting of technology platforms to deliver care
- Excellent verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to present to individuals and small groups
- Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as: smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, exercise, stress reduction and chronic co-morbid conditions
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPAA and OSHA
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.