Senior Business Analyst-Remote
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our team remotely.
About the role: The Business Analyst is responsible for bridging the gap between IT and the business using data to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders. They will act as an expert in understanding the organizations data and will be responsible for using analytical skills to seek out, research, and evaluate a variety of data and technical options to inform business cases, product development, and product iterations. BAs (Business analysts) engage with business leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, software, and hardware can improve efficiency and add value. They must articulate those ideas but also balance them against what is technologically feasible and financially and functionally reasonable.
As a primary liaison to Product their focus should be on what the systems need to do, how do they do it, who do we need to get input from, and how do we get everyone to agree on what we need to do before we do it. In partnership with a solutions architect, they will develop a business case and vision, gather requirements for the building blocks of a potential solution, define how to measure success, monitor the solutions, and transition to ongoing IT operations.
- Research, interview, and document key business and technical requirements into a Business Case
- Create and manage user stories and acceptance criteria, from initial discovery, through continuous refinement, to completion
- Support the organization by gathering, organizing, formatting, and analyzing various forms of clinical and organizational data to inform the business case development.
- Interpret research findings and assist in preparing recommendations, as needed, in support business case creation, product development, and product iterations.
- Define success measures for proposed solutions, develop monitoring solutions for those success measures and provide feedback to the business on the success of solutions
- Collaborate with key product stakeholders to determine requirements, constraints, and risks with new or enhanced product features
- Ensure key stakeholders are made aware of key information related to current or future development activity
- Understand and manage stakeholder expectations related to product development and iterations
- Identify, document, and communicate key risks for product approaches
- May facilitate and lead brainstorming sessions, daily standups, project planning, sprint planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives, and product deployments
- Help build and continuously improve Agile processes and ceremonies as needed
- Facilitate product demos and assist stakeholders with UAT activities
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong professional written and verbal communication skills when
- interacting with customers (internal and external) and on behalf of Premise Health.
- Embodies Premise Health cultural beliefs (respectful, accountable, courageous, ethical, engaged, innovative, and quality-focused)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience of 5 years or more in a related field (healthcare, statistics, experimental research, data science, economics, or public health) will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Requires minimum of three (3) years of Business Analyst experience in healthcare, statistics, experimental research, data science, reporting and analytics, economics, or public health.
- Agile (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Experience eliciting requirements and writing user stories based on product owner, developer, and QA feedback with business needs knowledge
- Experience performing technical product research
- Experience with technology solutions in the healthcare space
- Experience working with development teams and multiple stakeholders to coordinate efforts for the same goal
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization, such as peers, internal/external stakeholders, business partners, senior level managers
- Technical Background / Degree Program preferred
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Able to discuss technical solutions
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Project Management experience a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively
- Must have a Growth Mindset
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Experience working with virtual team members
- Intermediate level skill with the following toolsets: MS Office Suite, ServiceNow; MS Project; Video conferencing tools (Zoom, etc.); Collaboration Tools (SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Epic EMR (Electronic Medical Record) experience a plus
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Compensation is between $70,000 to $85,000 annually. Premise offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, annual CEU/CME allowance, and Tuition Reimbursement. Benefits offered to part-time team members include 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and annual CEU/CME allowance. PRN team members may also enroll in 401K.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.