We have an opening for a Primary Care Physician for our outpatient Employer Health Center located in Tuscaloosa, AL!
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Summary: Works every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month, 8AM-12PM
- Provide primary care and oversight for the employer based population by reviewing all health risk factors gained through a health risk assessment, physical and evaluation.
- Conduct annual health risk assessments on all members which may include adult dependents and developing with the patient tailored action plans.
- Serve as a resource for all ancillary professionals employed by CareHere who work in the on-site health care facility or provide support to those using the health care facility.
- Provide quality evidence based medical care that is routinely provided in a primary care setting.
- Understand and implement medical protocols and clinical standards.
- Develop relationships with the community of providers in order to oversee all the clinical health of the members in a cohesive manner.
- Establish goals for each patient with to be monitored and tracked by support staff.
- Support patients in changing health related behaviors.
- Participate in patient education sessions among targeted populations with prevalent health risk factors (high body mass index, smoking, diabetes, etc.).
- Diagnose and treat acute injuries and illnesses
- Diagnose and manage chronic diseases such as Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Obesity, etc.
- Serve as a consultant for your health site for difficult patient cases, adverse health trends, and safety concerns.
- Oversee and supervise Nurse Practitioners and/or Physician Assistants when requested.
- Provide education regarding current occupational medical practices and regulations to staff nurses.
- Provide information and review regarding clinical questions raised by clients and patients.
- Recommend changes in all clinical areas and/or in general areas to improve patient health and wellness.
- Passion for providing excellent patient care while emphasizing wellness and prevention
- Deep desire to make an impact on patients' lives and get back to quality patient care
- Expertise in treating both acute and chronic conditions
- Board Certified in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Preventative Medicine
- Valid and unrestricted state license and DEA
- Comfortable with technology
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. **Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
*As permitted by applicable law.