We have an opening for a Full-Time Optometric Assistant/Technician to work with our Employer Health Center located in San Antonio, TX (south)!
Premise Health Company is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: Performs routine tasks that enable optometrists to devote their time to patients and assist the optometrist during eye examinations. Processes proper paperwork and collection of co-pays. Maintains vision medical records and performs a variety of administrative tasks throughout the vision center.
The schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5pm
- Greet patients at the front desk in a timely and friendly manner, and escort patients to the optometry suite.
- Prepare patients for tests by directing and seating patients at eye-testing machines, explaining the purpose of each test.
- Gather preliminary data for the optometrist through patient pre-test: Ask for chief complaint, gather patient’s medical/ocular/family history, measure entering visual acuity, eye pressures, visual fields, color vision, depth perception, blood pressure, and/or obtain retinal photography.
- Accurately record results of patient pretest into Officemate, the Vision Electronic Medical Record.
- Access data base to schedule, confirm, and update appointments as necessary. Confirm patient appointments the day before the eye exams with a live phone call.
- Verify vision benefits, obtain and document authorizations from VSP the day prior to the eye examination. Relays any pertinent vision insurance information prior to the eye exam. Verify eligibility for walk-in and same-day patients.
- Submit claims to VSP following the eye examinations.
- Post payments from VSP EOP (Explanation of Payment) statements to patient ledgers and reconcile EOPs twice a month.
- Gather financial data for financials meetings to present to Take Care and the Client, as needed.
- Participate in optometry operations meetings with Take Care and the Client, as needed.
- Answer phones and direct calls appropriately.
- Access voicemail messages and coordinate follow-up in a timely fashion.
- Forward all necessary paperwork to appropriate sources or agencies.
- Obtain prescriptions or orders from outside optometrists/ophthalmologists as necessary.
- Enter pertinent information into the vision EMR and/or medical EMR in a timely manner.
- Involved in recall procedures to bring in patients due for their annual eye examinations.
- Order diagnostic contact lenses, eye drop samples, and other products for in-office use.
- Coordinate in-house referral appointments for patients needing a physician visit (eg for high blood pressure).
- Handle patient complaints/issues according to policies, and obtain assistance if necessary.
- May require other duties as assigned.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded
healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Optometric-related experience strongly preferred
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.