Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a PRN Clinical Pharmacist to join the team at our Employer Health Center located in Jackson, MS.
- Medication Management to include collecting medical and drug histories from patients, comprehensive medication review, medication monitoring, and provider outreach to relay recommendations for adjustments to drug therapy when necessary
- Medication Reconciliation: the comprehensive evaluation of a patient’s medication regimen any time there is a change in therapy in an effort to avoid medication errors such as omissions, duplications, dosing errors, or drug interactions, as well as to observe compliance and adherence patterns.
- Education and Behavioral Counseling to provide patient specific education, and recognized wellness coaching processes to help patients enact behavioral modification. Sessions will typically be 1 to 1 although group sessions may also be provided.
- Preventive Care Services to include screening tests waived under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments, such as cholesterol and glycated hemoglobin measurements, and associated labs as defined by a collaborative practice agreement per state regulations.
- Collaborative Care Practice Agreements allowing pharmacists to work within the context of a defined protocol and as permitted to assume professional responsibility for performing patient assessments; ordering drug therapy-related laboratory tests; administering drugs; and selecting, initiating, monitoring, continuing, and adjusting drug regimens.
- Serve as resident pharmacologic expert for other staff providers
- May require other duties as assigned
- Pharm D or Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree
- Current and unrestricted pharmacist licensure (include state specific if required)
- Certified Diabetic Educator certificate or willingness to obtain certificate within one year of hire date.
- Wellcoaches coaching certificate, a coaching certificate from an ICF-accredited program, or equivalent advanced training in Motivation and Leading change or willingness to obtain
- At least 3 years of experience in Disease State Management or two years of clinical experience or acceptable board certification, or completion of an accredited clinical residency program, or a demonstrated ability to achieve positive patient outcomes in a similar environment.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience in developing and implementing education programs for clinicians and lay persons.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and training staff; experience in counseling/teaching in one on one or small groups.
- Preferred experience in health promotion and/or work site wellness.
- Preferred experience in using MS Visio and other Microsoft Office products.
- Preferred experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Preferred experience with tracking data, process information, and generating reports.
- Preferred experience using business analytical skills including facilitating requirements sessions and documenting activity workflows and business requirements.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.