Medical Assistant (MA)
We have an opening for a Full-Time Medical Assistant to work in our Employer Health Clinic providing care to the employees of BNY Mellon located in Pittsburgh, PA!Sign-on Bonus: $1,000
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This MA will work with our Primary Care employer Health Clinic located in Pittsburgh Monday through Friday, no weekends and no on-call shifts. This position is eligible for a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus!
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to patients
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms, and provides assistance at front desk
- Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records
- May require other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- National certification in Medical Assisting from a Premise Health approved organization OR Certificate/Diploma and Transcripts from an accredited Medical Assistant program with hands on externship completed and passed- total online courses are not acceptable.
- CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer - the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- Previous Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Strong phlebotomy/venipuncture skills
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
*As permitted by applicable law.