Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and near site wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, near site, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
About the role:
Provide direct dental care to patients. Report directly to the Dental Director regarding clinical issues and activities related to delivery of dental care to patients.
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including intra and extra oral examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment while meeting the Center's minimum productivity requirements per year as set by the Center and Dental Director (prorated per FTE)
- Refer patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed dental conditions
- Train and supervise dental assistants engaged in activities and procedures, as appropriate
- Provide excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs
- Take calls after hours and on weekends on a rotation basis with other providers
- Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of dental support staff as required
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards
- Participate in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- All state licenses/certifications to practice
- Federal DEA license (matching each state of practice – except: orthodontists)
- State Narcotic/Controlled Substance license if required in your state (Alabama, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, Puerto Rico.) (New York ROPES registration)
- Degree from accredited dental school
- Specialty training verification (if applicable)
- CPR (BLS for community/lay responder or Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer - the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- Prior experience preferred.
- Will train new grads!
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. **Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
*As permitted by applicable law.