Premise health is seeking a full time Medical Director to oversee our occupational medicine program on site in Cherry Point, WA
What makes this opportunity unique:
- Practice evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production
- Bottom line is measured by the quality of patient care
- A work life balance that is not just promised
- A collaborative approach with a focus on each individual patient
- Practice in a supportive, collaborative environment
- Less paperwork and administration time
- Ability to tap into a national clinical information infrastructure
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment.
- Provides a spectrum of high-quality, person-focused, and often comprehensive health care services that may include episodic, preventive, occupational and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client.
- Oversees the site(s) clinical practices and procedures.
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives.
- Drives outcomes for site across clinical programs Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account.
- May meet with prospective physician and provider candidates to support assessment of clinical quality and cultural fit. May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers
- Partners with DCO and operations team members to drive member engagement and increased utilization.
- Demonstrates clinical subject matter expertise appropriate to the services rendered at the health center.
- May serve as collaborative physician for advanced practice providers.
- Other duties as assigned to support the safe and effective operation and function of the heath center(s), business, and to ensure that services meet standards of high-quality, cost-effective care.
- Licensed to practice medicine in each state of practice/oversite
- Federal DEA license (matching each state of practice/oversite)
- State Narcotic/Controlled Substance license if required in your state
- Current board certificate (ABMS, AMA or AOA) or board eligibility must sit for boards with 1 year of hire
- CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer or ACLS-the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- 3 – 5 years minimum in family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or occupational health settings
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry may be preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Knowledge and experience with electronic medical records strongly preferred.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.