Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities.
We are looking for a PRN Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join the amazing team at our Employer Health Center located in Florence, AL.
- Interviews patient to determine medical problem/condition and documents in chart for physician.
- Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight.
- Assists physician with patient examination as needed.
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient.
- Documents services performed on appropriate forms.
- Dresses wounds as instructed. Applies compresses, ice and heat packs.
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patients' charts.
- Assembles and uses clinic equipment.
- Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples.
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Cleans rooms and changes linens.
- Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies.
- Responds to patient or client telephone inquiries by evaluating and responding to the patient's/clients problems and questions.
- Follows up with patients who miss appointments.
- Follows up with patients on lab results, including the scheduling of any additional tests.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited program, Associate's degree (A.S.) and/or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Licensed as a Practical or Vocational Nurse
- Current hands on Certification in Basic Life Support is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on scope of contract services.
- At least three years of clinical experience as a LPN/LVN in an ambulatory care, occupational health, or emergency department setting.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.