Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Massage Therapist to join our team in Chicago, IL.
Summary: 16 hours per week
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Health Fitness Manager/Health Center Manager, the Massage Therapist is responsible for providing therapeutic massage services in various settings. They are skilled in the latest massage trends and techniques, and, have a positive impact on the success of our fitness center/health center by demonstrating the benefits of massage to our clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform Medical Massage or Wellness Massage based on the client needs.
- Treat specific areas of injury, pain systemic discomfort, decreased range of motion, neurological issues that can occur from acute or chronic conditions.
- If performing Medical massage the therapist must be able to access the condition, treat the involved areas and formulate a treatment plan.
- When performing the medical massage the therapist will work closely with the providers.
- The massage therapist must also be intuitive and nurturing and know the selection of techniques for relaxation for a wellness massage.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Valid License as a MT if applicable in State
- Certified by a credible massage therapy school
- CPR Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- Medically Licensed preferred
- National Board Certified preferred
- Continuing education in advanced neuromuscular and myofascial techniques preferred.
- Professional membership in the AMTA preferred.
- Demonstrate a high level of massage proficiency, with a minimum of one year massage work experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to work flexible days and hours.
- Knowledge of other various modalities preferred.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.