Medical Assistant (MA)
We have an opening for a Full-Time Medical Assistant to work at our Employer Health Care Center located in Broken Arrow, OK!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physician, Advanced Practitioner and/ or RN. The scheduled hours will be Monday-Friday 8:00a-5:00p.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to patients
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms, and provides assistance at front desk
- Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records
- May require other duties as assigned
- National certification in Medical Assisting from a Premise Health approved organization OR Certificate/Diploma and Transcripts from an accredited Medical Assistant program with hands on externship completed and passed- total online courses are not acceptable.
- CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer - the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- Epic EMR experience preferred.
- At least one year of clinical experience as a MA in an ambulatory care setting.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.