Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a PRN Dental Hygienist to join our team in San Antonio, TX.
The PRN Optician will pick up shifts as needed to cover full time staff while out for PTO or sick leave. Available PRN shift hours are 10 hour shifts (M,W,F - 8-6), (T,TH - 7-6) & Saturday mornings (8-12).
- Deliver direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygienist procedures.
- Perform routine treatment procedures, such as cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants and fluorides, and related procedures.
- Perform required clinical procedures following established protocols for prevention of transmission of infectious diseases.
- Maintain equipment and supplies, keep recall lists appropriate to the need of the individual patient, and work with the Registrars to schedule patients according to these needs.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patient, use patient screening procedures, to include medical history review, dental charting, and perio charting.
- Develop and implement individualized dental care plans for patients.
- Maintain patients’ dental records, documents dental history or chief complaint.
- Record and report pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate.
- Document lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
- Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Perform patient triage and initiate patient care as appropriate for walk-in patients.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited program of Dental Hygiene in accordance with Dental State Board guidelines
- State Dental Hygiene License
- Current hands on certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required; Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- At least one-year experience preferred.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.