We have an opening for a PRN Optician to work with our Employer Health Clinic located in Greer, SC!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This PRN Optician will work with our Occupational Health Clinic located in Greer on an as-needed basis.
- Greets and assists patients in a timely and friendly manner
- Verifies vision benefits and relays any pertinent insurance benefit information prior to material purchases
- Answers phones and directs calls appropriately
- Accesses data base to schedule, confirm and update appointments as necessary
- Answers patient questions regarding their account, obtains assistance if necessary
- Verifies eligibility for all "walk-in" and same-day patients as necessary
- Safely operates optical machinery
- Assists patient with materials purchases
- Orders and dispenses materials according to vision center policies and procedures
- Repairs spectacles as brought in by patients
- Handles patient complaints/issues regarding materials according to policies, obtains assistance if necessary
- Checks out patients and documents material sales and/or payment collection from patient on encounter forms
- Obtains and documents vision insurance benefit authorizations for exams and materials
- Coordinate referral appointments for patients for diagnostic testing, evaluations, and treatment based on insurance type and according to provider-stated urgency
- Documents and reports back to providers if unable to complete referral as requested
- Maintains daily log and balances deposit daily on cash log in the dispensary
- Maintain medical record system for the vision center
- File reports, labs, progress notes, prescriptions, and other incoming optometric reports
- Pull charts upon request
- Maintains appropriate quality control logs
- Responsible for accessing voice mail messages and coordinating follow-up in a timely fashion
- Ensures that all encounter forms are complete and accurate
- Forwards all necessary paperwork to appropriate sources or agencies
- Obtain prescriptions or orders from outside optometrists/ophthalmologists as necessary
- Enter information into computer in a timely manner
- Accesses faxed and mailed reports from specialists, forwards then to ordering provider for review, and ensures placement, along with other pertinent paperwork into the patient's chart, as per protocol
- May require other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Licensed in state of practice
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years optometric dispensary experience with a multi-line telephone system preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Officemate (Vision Electronic Medical Record) preferred
- Must be accurate and very detail-oriented, and be able to multi-task efficiently.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.