We have an opening for a Full-Time Wellness Coach to work with our Employer Health Clinic located on the Campus of Notre Dame University in South Bend, IN!
- Full comprehensive package including medical, dental, 401k matching, etc.,
- Begin with 18 days of PTO and 20 days after the first year. In addition to PTO, 9 paid holidays including Thanksgiving, the day after, Christmas eve and Christmas day
Works with members one-on-one or in small groups to assist in meeting health and wellness goals related to weight, nutrition, physical activity, stress, tobacco cessation, work/life balance and general health. May coordinate and promote onsite wellness programs for the client’s employee population in a single contract.
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
- Delivers one on one and/or group coaching sessions in the areas of weight, nutrition, physical activity, stress, tobacco cessation, work/life balance and general health
- Creates documentation using electronic systems (i.e., EMR, charting or other specified program etc.) for each interaction
- May assist with the collection of biometric data such as height, weight, and demographic data, consent forms, etc. as related to measurement of progress towards member goals
- May coordinate and conduct wellness programs in areas such as nutrition, stress management, weight management, smoking cessation, physical activity and others
- Coach effectively in-person and by phone
- Collaborates with health center staff to coordinate and promote health and wellness programs
- Works closely with third party health and wellness vendors
- Promotes a culture of health and wellness through ongoing participation in client worksite meetings and projects, task forces, client-directed outreach, and committees
- May assist the Director of Site Operations in assessing and maintaining reports, evaluating the coaching program(s) & conducting ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs
- May participate in ongoing communication with the local clinic within a large contract
- Presents in an effective and professional manner. May interact directly with the client or client representative
- Represents the health center, as appropriate, in scheduled or ad hoc employer meetings regarding health and wellness events or strategic initiatives
- Assists in training of other associates as directed and completes other duties as assigned.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Certified by a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC) approved program or ability to complete an approved certification within 18 months of hire (Wellcoaches preferred)
- Additional certifications in wellness/fitness specialties are desirable (preferred)
- Masters in a health related field or equivalent experience (preferred) Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience working as a wellness coach
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a wellness coach (preferred)
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a healthcare setting (preferred)
- Experience in health promotion or work site wellness and public speaking (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate skill with the Internet & applicable software, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software particularly PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills in the English language
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.