Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Seasonal Emergency Medical Technician to join our team in Saratoga, NY.
Premise is seeking to hire several Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) for the 2022 racing season at The New York Racing Association's Saratoga Race Course. This seasonal role will start mid-April and run through mid-November. EMTs are required to work a minimum of 5 shifts per month. Shifts are open 7 days a week, 5am-11am and 11am-6:30pm.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed, or need for additional assistance
- Restores and stabilizes heart rhythm on pulseless, nonbreathing patient
- Monitors cardiac patient
- Administers initial treatment at emergency scene and takes and records patient's vital signs
- Observes, records, and reports to physician patient's condition, treatments, and significant incidents
- Assists in extricating trapped victims and transports sick and injured persons to treatment center
- Communicates with physician, and other medical personnel in person and by radio-telephone
- Keeps current on treatment techniques, protocol changes, material, and equipment.
- Prepares required reports and maintains records of activities
- May drive mobile unit to and from emergency scene
- Cleans assigned emergency vehicle
- Requisitions and restocks supplies, material, and equipment
- Conducts safety inspections and restocking of first aid supplies as directed
- May require other duties as assigned
- Completion with passing grades from an accredited Emergency Medical Technician program, EMT Certification as defined within the state in which contract exists
- Current hands on certification in health care provider ARC or AHA Basic Life Support required
- At least three years’ experience as an EMT in an emergency room, with an ambulance/EMS service, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. **Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
*As permitted by applicable law.