Physician, Virtual Primary Care
Premise Health, the nations leader in value based direct care, is currently looking for a Physician to provide Telemedicine services on a full time basis to members in a virtual health setting.
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Provides telemedicine services to client employees and family members for a 24/7/365 national virtual service.
Recommend treatment and prescribe medication (when appropriate) over video and telephone
Scope of Practice:
- Acute, episodic (primary care)
- Chronic condition mgmt.
- Collaborative physician duties
- Centralized activation
- Injury Care and related follow-ups, as necessary
- Full malpractice and tail coverage
- Company pays/provides for robust liability insurance $2m/6m
- Includes tail coverage
- Full service processing and coverage of cost for additional state licensure
- Free CME available
- Provide medical consultations including the diagnosing and treatment via the video or phone for Premise Health’s member population.
- Provides episodic, preventive, and acute health care to patients.
- Provide occupational health services (i.e., injury care and related follow-up, as necessary)
- Conducts histories and examinations and prescribes medications and/or medical treatments based on best practice standards
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with members; educates and advises on medical issues as appropriate
- Provides referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of members
- Identifies emergency situations and provides or directs care as appropriate within legal scope of practice and as defined by Premise Health credentialing process
- Participates in the development of annual program goals and objectives
- Maintains medical records using EMR
- May formulate and administer health programs as needed
- May require other duties as assigned
- Office/non-health related job functions
- Participate in regular Medical Staff activities and responsibilities, including, without limitation, attendance at Medical Staff meetings, and complete all Company sponsored virtual health training
- Consistent with Company’s procedures and policies, Physician shall prepare and complete, timely and accurate medical and other records with respect to the services and treatment rendered to any member by providing Physician
- Meet or exceed quality, patient satisfaction, connectivity service level agreements and Medical Group standards
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- MD or DO Licensing
- Current unencumbered license to practice medicine in good standing in at least one state in the United States.
- Complete and receive credit for continuing medical education as required by state licensure requirements
- Must be Board Certified in Occupational Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Primary Care or Emergency Medicine or Board Eligible in aforementioned practice areas. If Board Eligible, must take certification exam within twelve months of date of hire.
- Maintain board eligibility and/or obtain and maintain board certification in the designated specialty throughout the term of this Agreement
- Board Certification under ABMS or AOA required
- Specialized field
- e.g. Specialty focus in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care and Internal Meds/Peds or Occ med
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification
- State and federal laws
- Obtain and maintain all appropriate approvals to prescribe and dispense drugs under applicable state and federal laws
- Active, unrestricted DEA Certification in the state(s) licensed
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate (DEA) with expiration date
- State and federal laws
- At least three years of post-residency clinical experience
- 3-years post residency and board eligible
- Experience in a primary care, urgent care or emergency room setting. Occupational healthcare experience, a plus
- Meet Premise Health credentialing requirements.
- Prior telehealth health experience preferred.
- Option to live and work anywhere virtually
- Must have quiet uninterrupted space with door; additionally, must comply with Premise Health technology standards for remote workers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA recordkeeping a plus.
- Strong communication and technical skills
- Strong virtual health member satisfaction, quality, communication skills, including both verbal and written, listening skills, analytical and the ability to demonstrate empathy.
- Innovative behavior
- Motivated by an ability to make an impact
- Ability to work with people at various levels of patients and colleagues from associates to senior leaders.
- Bilingual is a plus (particularly Spanish)
*As permitted by applicable law.