Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a PRN/Sub Health Fitness Trainer to join our team in Charlotte, NC.
About the role: This is a sub position at our corporate based fitness center, and the fitness center hours are Monday-Thursday 7am-6:30pm and Friday from 6am-3pm. The Fitness Trainer will cover as needed to conduct group exercise classes, one-on-one personal training, and fitness assessments. Responsible for covering any staff member PTO, sick or extended leave as needed.
- Execute 1 on 1 or small group personal training session and program design in a safe and effective way.
- Provide exercise leadership expertise according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines (9th Edition).
- Create individualized and small group exercise programs tailored to the specific needs of the participant(s).
- Engage with fitness center members regularly to offer fitness based guidance and support when needed.
- Perform sub floor coverage or assist with specialty programs when deemed necessary by site manager.
- Provide a platinum customer experience for all fitness center members according to Premise Exercise Leadership, and Customer Service Standards.
- Personal Training certification from nationally recognized authority organization (e.g. ACSM, NASM, NSCA etc.) or Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a combination of education and experience required.
- Current certification in CPR/AED (hands on program required) and First Aid required
- Group Fitness certification from nationally recognized authority (e.g. AFAA, ACE, IDEA) preferred.
- Minimum of two years of education in the field of exercise science or a related field and at least two years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in, and ability to perform fitness assessments including: Resting and exercise blood pressure and heart rate, Body composition using skin fold calipers, Muscular strength and endurance testing, Sub maximal cycle testing preferred.
- Corporate fitness experience highly preferred
- Personal Training Certification
- Group Exercise teaching experience (onsite and virtual)
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.