Healthcare Without Rival
Optometrist - Celebration, Florida.
Schedule: 4 - 10 hour days Mon - Thu 8a-6:30p; 1 Satuday every 4 weeks 9a-2p
Our site offers exclusive client privileges.
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities.
- Acts as the primary day-to-day interface with the Clinic Medical Director and Health Center Manager
- Assures that the Vision Clinic component is fully operational during Clinic hours and that services are available as scheduled
- Supervises the optometric technician and provides guidance for preliminary and special testing)
- Provides and assures that patients receive appropriate routine eye exams and urgent care, as well as other vision care that is appropriate in the care setting
- Assures that referrals are made in a timely manner to out of the Clinic specialists or other providers when medically necessary
- Assures that the patient's treatment is monitored and coordinated
- Assures that the documentation of care as represented in the medical records meets established standards of quality
- Acts as a day-to-day resource to physicians and medical Clinic staff regarding vision care issues.
- Reviews medical utilization data in concert with the Health Center Manager and staff physicians and participates in studies to develop cost benefit information for the primary care vision Clinic
- Conducts monthly staff meetings and maintains records of such meetings
- Participate in the recruitment as requested
- Works cooperatively with the other members of the Clinic management team to assure a smooth vision Clinic operation
- Assists the Health Center Manager in responding to patient concerns about care issues and works to solve problems and improve patient care
- Assists in the preparation, investigation, and follow-up of incident reports
- Develops vision care protocols, policies and procedures to assure compliance with accepted standards of quality
- Assists in the promotion of the vision/medical Clinic
- Works collaboratively with Operations, Health Center Manager and the Clinic Medical Director on all patients care issues
- Prepares monthly reports on Clinic operations
- Maintains OSHA compliance standards
- May require other duties as assigned
- All state licenses/certifications to practice
- Federal DEA license (matching each state of practice if applicable)
- State Narcotic/Controlled Substance license if required in your state (Alabama, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, Puerto Rico.) (New York ROPES registration)
- Doctor of Optometry Degree
- CPR (BLS for community/lay responder or Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer - the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in a leadership position
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. #LI-DW1