Part-Time Patient Care Technician
We have an opening for a Part-time Care Technician to work with our Employer Health Center located in Salt Lake City, UT!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This Care Tech will cover both front office administrative and back office clinical tasks. This is a part-time role, Wednesday-Friday only from 8am-3:30pm. To perform phlebotomy, candidates must have completed training and a certification as a phlebotomist.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts.
- Provides patients' personal hygiene, assisting with travel to the bathroom/toileting, and activities of daily living.
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Performs routine CLIA waived laboratory tests/collects specimens for routine laboratory tests.
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to patients.
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms, and provides assistance at front desk.
- Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records.
- Other duties may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer - the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from an accredited Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant Program training program (preferred).
- Current national certification (required for WA, CA and LA) in Phlebotomy from a Premise Health approved organization OR Certificate/Diploma and Transcripts from an accredited Phlebotomy program with hands on externship completed and passed- total online courses are not acceptable (Required to perform Phlebotomy)
- Work experience in health center/ doctor’s office setting patient and/or long term care.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records (preferred).
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.