Athletic Trainer - Injury Prevention Specialist
Healthcare Without Rival
$1,500 Sign-on Bonus!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Full-Time Athletic Trainer-Injury Prevention Specialist in our Employer Health Center located in Modesto, CA. Anticipated work schedule will be Mon, Thurs 12pm-9pm and Tues, Wed, Fri 7:30am-4pm. Flexibility to cover other hours may be required on occasion (1-2 times per month). Position is also eligible to receive a $1,500 sign-on bonus!
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
- Perform Physical Demand Analyses including raw data collection, use of measurement tools, video analysis for specific job demands, and overall report review to identify high-risk work areas.
- Communicate regularly with onsite PH Medical Team and Client Safety Team regarding workplace countermeasures and injury prevention strategies.
- Attend meetings and serve on task forces as deemed necessary.
- Provide recommended guidelines for correcting limitations in flexibility, strength and general conditioning to prevent injury and support overall wellness for client members.
- Provide client follow-up and make recommendations for work performance based on knowledge in anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and ergonomic principles.
- Develop and lead group and individual training sessions focusing on functional movement patterns, specific job simulations, and educational programs for occupational health/ safety. (Stretching programs, Lift Labs, etc)
- Educate and observe essential functions and movement patterns related to appropriate early symptom management techniques for minor musculoskeletal discomfort. Follow-up with client members to ensure early symptom recognition and injury prevention.
- Perform injury/musculoskeletal screening and assessment, covering such areas as (but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of motion, and muscle strength to assist in determination of red flags and next steps regarding care.
- Provide basic first aid in alignment with OSHA first aid standards to assist in prevention of recordable incidences for clients.
- Care coordination and communication with on-site medical providers.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, and appropriate EMR documentation, etc. in a timely manner.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited professional athletic training education program
- Board Certified Athletic Trainer per state requirements (BOC)
- Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Certification in specialty areas (Orthopedic Specialty) preferred
- Experience in Occupational Health and Safety; Knowledge of current OSHA regulations preferred
- Experience in Ergonomics preferred
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
For individuals living in California only, Premise Health is required to include an estimate of the salary and benefits for this role. While a number of factors influence salary, our estimated California compensation is $32.40- 36.00/hr. Please note, this is a general guideline and your experience qualifications, geographic location, and other factors will be taken into consideration. For more information regarding the benefits we offer, please visit our career site, jobs.premisehealth.com/benefits.