Health Coach Manager RN
Healthcare Without Rival
We have an opening for a Full-Time Health Coach Manager RN to work our Employer Health Center providing care to the employees of BNY Mellon located in New York City!
The schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. No nights, No Weekends, No Holidays!
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
- Supports a proactive, multidisciplinary team approach directed toward prevention, education, and health promotion
- Establishes supportive relationship with client employee
- Provides disease specific self-care education to client employee enrolled in the various condition management programs
- Assesses client employee’s educational/clinical needs, prioritizing and individualizing program based on elicited information
- Acts as resource for client employee
- Documents sessions and progress into the electronic medical record
- Collaborates with Physician or other Licensed Independent Practitioner and other condition management nurses to arrange for further medical treatment when needed
- Consults with other members of the healthcare team to solve problems and seek advice. Designs interventions to improve outcomes.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice
- Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information
- Participates in outreach/follow-up phone calls and follow-up patient visits
- Coordinates with internal Premise Health services such as eHealth screenings or central data collection teams to identify members that may benefit from the condition management program services to prevent or improve chronic disease management
- Performs outreach to members identified through Premise Health centralized resources as appropriate per client expectations
- Shares questions and concerns with the Health Center Manager or Site Medical Leader
- Assists in the development of criteria to measure outcomes, assists in the analysis of data for quality improvement, interprets study results, identifies limitations and barriers and recommends alternatives
- Serves as patient advocate
- Develops and presents educational services for associated persons or departments as appropriate
- Acts as facilitator of Care Team meetings.
- May require other duties as assigned
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice
- Either certified in an ICF-accredited coaching program or ability to complete Wellcoaches® certification by the end of the first year of employment
- Current hands on certification AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university (preferred)
- At least three years’ experience as a Registered Nurse caring for patients with any of the following conditions: Type 2 diabetes, asthma, heart disease, heart failure or hypertension
- Experience working as a wellness coach
- Experience in Disease Management, Certificate in Case Management, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) a plus (preferred)
- Experience in health promotion or work site wellness and public speaking (preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records (preferred)
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.