Dental Assistant - Employer Health Clinic
We have an opening for a PRN (as needed) Dental Assistant to work at Premise Health’s Employer Health Clinic located at the Premier Auto Manufacturer in Greer, SC!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: Prefer candidates with 2-3 years general dental experience (crown and bridge, root canal therapy, creating and reviewing treatment plans, taking digital radiographs). Previous experience with Eaglesoft or digital EDR system highly preferred. Hours and shift will vary depending on coverage needed.
- Provide chair side assistance to dental providers in the performance of dental procedures, to include operative, preventive, periodontal, endodontic, prosthetic, and all other dental procedures as needed.
- Prepare, sterilize, organize, and set-up dental equipment to ensure that all dental sterilization guidelines are followed according to dental guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain dental inventory, supplies and equipment (i.e. compressor, evacuator system, sterilizers, and light curing units etc.) in accordance with manufacture guidelines.
- Take dental radiographs in accordance with provider orders; assist in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols.
- Help develop and participate in all performance improvement activity relating to dental practice, and ensure the dental component complies with all regulatory requirements and standards.
- Provide excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs.
- Provide patient management during dental procedures to include: instrument transfer, isolation, oral evacuation, retraction, and preparation of dental instruments and materials to include mixing filling and impression materials, charting examination and treatment results in patients’ dental records.
- Maintain daily logs on daily maintenance procedures.
- Maintain dental laboratory slips creating dental records of incoming and outgoing dental cases.
- Maintain proper maintenance of dental charts and dental forms.
- Provide patients with written and oral post-operative instructions for dental procedures.
- Teach patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; i.e. tooth brushing, flossing, and nutritional counseling.
- Take accurate patient history and vital signs.
- May require other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Documentation of state/national license/registration (ie: Dental Assisting National Board – Certified Dental Assistant - DANB CDA) to include copy of actual license, verification of license, or email including license number as applicable
- Copy of Radiation Safety/X-ray Certificate or equivalent if not DANB CDA as required by state dental board
- CPR (BLS for community/lay responder or Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer- the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable – Behavioral Health, Optical Technicians, Optometric Assistants and Opticians are exempt) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited Dental Assistant Program or have a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Previous experience with digital imaging preferred.
- Proficiency in packing cord, making temporaries, alginate impressions, endodontics and oral surgery required
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records (Eaglesoft, Dentrix, Nextgen).
- Knowledge of AAAHC Dental home a plus.
- Strong computer skills (Internet software, spreadsheet, word processing, etc.)